May 15, 2016

Knowing

The door opens with an easy laugh
That is how I welcome you in
Notice the fresh paint
The walls smile, don't they?
Step closer and you will see
A thousand different stories
Hanging in the air
Take your pick of these gems
And you can begin to understand
My own beginnings and ends.

This is what I choose to show you
But this is not all of what I am.

If you linger in this freshness
From moments to months
Chances are, I will make you stay
Find ways and means
To build bridges and barricades

And when, on reckless nights
Down, way down we go
Into the wilderness
Into the promising depths
Where walls and words both crumble
And the rage of forgotten thoughts
Pulls at those buried within you
You might not recognise me
Though I hope that you might know me.

But know, that this
Is what I choose to show you
And yet, this is not all of what I am.



#NowPlaying




7 comments:

  1. I hear you , it is exactly like this....the process of 'knowing' someone. Well written as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite something, isn't it? There are parts of you that you willingly share, those that you subconsciously reveal, and those that you would rather not.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes!When people willingly tell you things or you tell them things willingly it implies this level of trust ,a leap of faith if you will. Giving and receiving this trust can be a wonderful experience.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully spoken in words...that mystery of our true self....I hide mine expertly only letting a few really know me....and maybe then not all of me.

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is possible to know someone completely. And yet, beautiful relationships are formed based on half-knowledge, which is kind of incredible if you think about it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. If walls could speak - a clever concept and skilfully written poem..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If walls could speak, they would speak too much - or too little.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

A reflection shared is an insight gained. :)