July 20, 2017

Home


I keep watch

Or the watch keeps me

Tucked away in the elastic moments

Where I was, I am

And I will be



It is the night we go out looking for a home

He lets me run wild

His wild child

I explore the darkest of corners with no fear

Bang my head against the wall I cannot see

I remember the black searing pain

His shirt damp with my tears

The softness of his arms, his words

Telling me to be strong, and brave

I cling to those arms

The warmth and the touch

All of which spell home.



I look at him now

Or through him, I’m not sure

He walks through the ruins of his life

Towards a darkness of his own

I want to offer him this paper-thin redemption

A mosaic of promises and a taste of home

But I cannot move, sinking deeper into myself

And he keeps walking



I keep watch

Or the watch keeps me

And time, like a chewed out gum,

Stretches indefinitely beyond

Which way is home?


#101DaysofPoetry Day 2




4 comments:

  1. Home is where you lie
    Closed eyes and closer hands which
    Reach out to clutch mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are as beautiful as you. Thank you. <3

      Delete
  2. You choose words very well Preeti. Very well. And the way you connect them into stanzas is even more poetic..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've started writing after a very long time. Got a lot left to pick up and piece together.

      Delete

A reflection shared is an insight gained. :)