March 16, 2015

Recycle

Here I stand
Mumbling recycled words
And recycled thoughts that have been heard
before
By me by you by him by her
And by everyone
Who holds up the world by its collars
demanding answers at all hours
to questions unwritten unframed
some anonymous
some signed by my name
because you and I and him and her
we all try and read our pain
in words recycled
and signed by someone else's name
and meanings
some meaning
THE meaning
any meaning
that falls our way
from mohandas to murakami
from pratchett to premchand ki kahani
and everything and everyone in between
in their words, we try to see the unseen
and listen to the silence that rages in all our souls
that bleeds itself out into poetry and more
a little more
a little more
than the bunch of these recycled words
by me for you for him for her
digging and digging
deeper into ourselves
for some meaning
THE meaning
any meaning
And wonder what the f*** are we gonna do with them anyway?



Note: This was specifically written to be performed at a local slam poetry event which I did not attend anyway. So. :)

2 comments:

  1. It can get incredibly hard for people who want to hold the world by the collar. As to meaning,. I don't know what we'd do with it but it is hard to imagine anything without it.

    ReplyDelete

A reflection shared is an insight gained. :)