August 1, 2016

Eternities

Here is the eternal
Stretched from end to end

A series of finite, finely divided eternities

This is all I have
This is what it will for ever be

And I pack into this tiny little eternity
Her smile
Caught between the music
that breaks free from silence

and I let the words climb on my voice
soft syllables
that steal hesitant glimpses of the world

and I suffocate
and I smile
and I sing some more to drown
this night
this eternity

as fleeting as a gust of wind
as permanent as the memory of its touch




11 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful, especially your closing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!

    "Stretched from end to end
    A series of finite, finely divided eternities"

    "And I pack into this tiny little eternity
    Her smile"

    "and I let the words climb on my voice"

    Hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Her smile
    Caught between the music
    that breaks free from silence" exquisite...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her smile
    Caught between the music
    that breaks free from silence

    That is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I let the words climb on my voice
    soft syllables
    that steal hesitant glimpses of the world.... so eloquently put, through out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Just read on poetry blogroll about your updates. I was wondering where did your blog go? I never knew that it's name was changed, but thanks now I know. I find your poetry much more mature . Hope yo read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new look and beautiful poem as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eternity in a moment of time. How wonderful is that. Should have said this before but will now.

    ReplyDelete

A reflection shared is an insight gained. :)