August 1, 2015

Gone

I always thought that hours twenty
Will be enough, will be plenty
Will spare myself an hour in the morn
Now the sun has bid good bye
My words still dance behind my eyes
Before I know it, another life is gone

I always thought that rebellions few
Were my debt, my folks' due
Knew I was right when mostly I was wrong
Creased smiles still call me home
But young blood longs for lands unknown
Before I know it, another life is gone

He seemed like one more out of place
He loved me with a klutz's grace
Airbrushed the whole world with his songs
Our edges met, we thought we fit
Complete each other, we thought we did
In good time, we knew that we were wrong

He and I and you and them
Search faces, hearts and souls who'd mend
Ours; And we hope that we would get along
We learn new words and ways to love
We learn new names of gods above
But before we can, another life is gone.


Note: This is quite amateurish but something I enjoyed writing. :)

2 comments:

A reflection shared is an insight gained. :)